Hi friends! I feel like every season this year has flown by – except the winters usually seem to last way too long. I’ve created a bucket list of things I’d like to do this season and I need your help with a few items please!
My Winter Bucket List
- Make a snowman.
- Travel somewhere warm. This is going to be a tough one since we are saving up our pennies for a new home. But the winters here can get very long and I would love to have a little escape!
- Find photo editing software – and learn it. I’ve been using the basics in iPhoto and need to step it up. I’ve been leaning towards Photoshop. Any other suggestions?
- See the Zoo lights
- Cook a turkey. Easy, right? I’ve oddly wanted to cook a turkey for awhile now but have been nervous about it. Tips are more than welcome on this one!!
- Host a casual dinner party and serve the turkey, or pizza if it doesn’t work out!
- Take yoga again. I haven’t done yoga in forever and I miss it.
- Find a nice pair of black boots. My favorites are over worn and literally falling apart, yet I still keep wearing them. It’s time to find a new pair!
- Go sledding. I’m very excited to take Taylor sledding this year. We visited an indoor playground recently that happened to have a sled and she loved being pulled around by her friend 3 year old friend PJ. (She’s already making the boys work.)
- Clean out my closet. And sell or donate clothes that I really don’t wear anymore. This has been on my list for awhile now and I keep putting it off. So I’m adding it to this list and you can all hold me accountable! Must. Get. Done. Before. Spring.
- Find the best hot chocolate in Chicago (well, Chicagoland). And ask for the recipe! Trying a version of this one soon. Any favorites places or recipes you recommend?
- I’ve been expanding my design services and want to make it more official. I’ll be adding a “Services” page here soon. There are quite a few other things I need to do too but first I need to decide on a business name! I’m between Samantha Regan Designs or my blog name, Shining on Design. Please help me decide! Comment below or send me a email with your vote!
One thing I can cross off my list is a new profile picture! Whoo hoo!! This is a big accomplishment since it’s so awkward for me to get my picture taken alone. If anyone local needs a photographer, I recommend Lauren Michelle Studio’s – she is great!
What’s on top of your list of things to do this winter? Ice skate, travel, drink egg nog?