Last year I planned a last minute Daddy Daughter Valentine’s breakfast date for Taylor and Eric with pancakes, pomegranates, and cute little bow napkins. They loved it so much and I had so much fun being their “waitress”.
I wanted to do something special again this year but didn’t have a lot of time to plan. How are we already so far into February btw?! With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I took advantage of a free afternoon and invited our neighbors and friends over to celebrate.
We are lucky enough to have the best neighbors that happen to be the same ages as our girls! The “ladies” (girls) dressed up in their fancy Valentine’s day outfits and the Momma’s whipped together a festive spread.
This impromptu Valentine’s day “luncheon’ for the girls turned out really cute so I wanted to share some of the details. It was super easy to pull together and I hope this inspires another Mom to do the same for their littles!
On the Menu……..
- Cotton Candy Sparklers (details below)
- Heart shaped jelly sandwiches
- Carrots and peas (sneaking in the veggies whenever possible!)
- Apple Sauce
- Candy Hearts. A Valentine’s day staple
- Macarons. Little secret? I buy the frozen ones at Trader Joe’s and pull them out for special occasions. They are inexpensive and really delicious!
Cotton Candy Sparklers:
- Sparkling Pink Lemonade (or real champagne for the adults! Highly recommended for a luncheon 😉
- Strawberries to garnish
- Cotton Candy – When you add the cotton candy, the drink sizzles. The kids and grown ups love this.
- Add a festive straw and you are ready to go!
So easy, right?
(Photo by our neighbor and friend Hope – who happens to be an amazing photographer!)
We had bubbles for party favors too! Our office was FILLED with bubbles by the end of the day but we had fun blowing them 🙂 Stay tuned for my home office makeover reveal soon!! I’ll be sharing some tips on how to refresh ANY room in your house – without spending a penny.
Also, have you filled out my Reader Survey yet? I’ll be picking one person to win a $50 gift card to Target just for helping me out! #bribery.
Lastly, I loved putting together this Valentine’s day gift guide and can see this and these sweet treats have been favorites!
Happy Valentine’s Day!