Bloggers in Chicago were buzzing about the South Loop Loft and I couldn’t wait to check it out for myself. Sometimes when you hear about a place and see beautiful pictures online, it can look different in real life. Let me assure you, South Loop Loft does not disappoint!
Items you’ll find:
- Vintage Furniture
- Unique, interesting home accessories
- Wall decor, including juju hats and original artwork
- Chesterfield sofas (like this tufted cognac leather sofa)
- Stunning chandeliers
- Rugs (the space is also share with Canary Lanes which is a great source for vintage rugs)
South Loop Loft also has an ONLINE shop which makes this easy to source and shop for items even if you can’t make it into the store.
I first heard about South Loop Loft through social media and visited about a year ago. Believe or not, I’m still catching up on drafts in my blog queue and a lot has changed in the store since.
I cannot wait for my next visit and had to share some of the fun treasures and laid back vibe you get from this gem in the West Loop of Chicago. And yes, it’s called South Loop Loft but that’s another story 🙂
I absolutely love finding unique, one of kind pieces and South Loop Loft is filled with them.
From the bold magenta door, you walk up a staircase filled with old Chicago plaques from city buildings, then up to a stunning showroom filled with vintage finds and treasures. Beth Berke, the owner of South Loop Loft, greeted me immediately and there was no hiding my jaw was already dropping. I wanted to take everything I saw home with me!
A few highlights and notes when visiting South Loop Loft:
- The store is only open on Saturdays to the public, or by appointment during the week
- Most items are one of a kind, so if you like something, be prepared to make a decision since many items go quickly! I’m still kicking myself for not buying a couple things when I had the chance.
- From the moment you arrive at the store, you are greeted with a bright magenta door. It’s a little tricky to find, but keep an eye out for this door!! You’ll never miss it again.
- Address is 308 N Leavitt St, Chicago, IL 60612
Still obsessed with this mirror.
And this…. how cute for a nursery or kids room?
It’s no surprise that I love finding great sources for home decor and inspiration. Another thing I love is seeing someone take their dreams and make it a reality. Whether expected or not.
Beth’s background is in social work, she’s traveled the world, lived and worked abroad, met numerous influential people, and discovered an unexpected passion for interior design and home decor along the way. An entrepreneur at heart, the South Loop Loft reflects these characteristics in one way or another.
Can’t wait to visit again and see what new treasures are in store. If you’re a home decor lover, I highly recommend subscribing to South Loop Lofts email list to get updates on new items (and deals!).
I get really excited every time I see their email in my inbox 🙂 You can sign up here.