It’s always a treat to visit the Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, and even better now with their beautifully renovated guest rooms –
Our family was one of their first guests to stay in the newly updated suites, and I’m so excited to share a peek with you, plus a recap of our weekend. We packed a lot in during our 3-day trip!
A highlight was definitely staying in the Junior Suite, with a separate connecting room for the kids. Each room even had a balcony overlooking the golf course and a stunning firework show Sunday night.
They really thought of every detail in the renovation, and the rooms are so beautifully designed. I love the green accent wall behind the beds, the nightstands with sensor lighting, the blue-painted fireplace, and the gorgeous bathroom tile. I’ll definitely be taking some of these design ideas with me for our new house!
Our entire family could not wait to come back after visiting over the holidays, and the kids keep asking to go back to visit again after being there last weekend. Traveling with kids is never easy but so worth it. They truly have the best time at Grand Geneva, and I love that it is a great place for kids (which makes it more relaxing for me), but also a great place for an adult getaway. Thinking a girls getaway in my future! 🙂
Here’s a peek at the guest suites and a trip recap for our 3-day stay ~
I loved capturing the kids’ reaction when they saw their own “vacation room” 🙂
Our itinerary over a three-day weekend ~
- Check-in, and Spa visit for me. I can’t think of a better way to start a vacation than a trip to the spa! I had a CBD massage, which is a new service at the WELL Spa and it was amazing. I loved it so much that I booked one for Eric the next day.
- Pool time at Grand Geneva, and a quick visit to the Waterpark for the kids at Timber Ridge (a short trolley ride away). There’s a kiddie pool at the main resort, perfect for Danny’s age.
- S’mores. The setup was perfect, with adirondack chairs for us all and a scenic view of the golf course and ponds. The kids loved running around after, which was perfect for burning energy before bed. This was Harper’s favorite memory of the weekend.
- Breakfast at the Geneva Club. If you stay, I highly recommend adding access to the Club if it’s not already included. They have breakfast, snacks, drinks, and appetizers. We make multiple stops here with my snack-loving kiddos 🙂
- Moose Mountain Falls Waterpark. This was a favorite for the kids, and I liked that it was a manageable size to keep track of everyone. We had a cabana reserved for the day, which was a nice treat to have a separate space for our things and to rest if we wanted to.
- A quick round of Mini Golf, attached to the waterpark
- Eric’s massage at the WELL Spa, and poolside lunch for the kids and me
- Grand Geneva Pool Party. Lots of fun, poolside with games and a DJ.
- Rock Climbing and basketball, which was right across the street at the Well Spa + Fitness.
- Sunday Night Fireworks. The view from our balcony of the fireworks was amazing! It felt like we got our own show! This was my favorite part 🙂
- Breakfast in our hotel room. Coffee and breakfast in bed are always a nice treat.
- Quick swim before packing up.
- Arcade visit at the Timber Wolf Lodge
- Safari Lake Geneva Safari. A drive-through safari, which was one of the funniest and messiest experiences. I highly recommend going but be prepared for a messy car afterward (highlights on this and more on our trip are saved on Instagram stories)
- Drive back home. Almost all the kids napped on the way back!
We have been super busy getting things ready for our move to South Carolina, and were so grateful to take a break from the packing and enjoy a getaway.
Thank you Grand Geneva Resort for an absolutely incredible stay!