I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving week! I can’t believe we are already heading into December. We just got back from Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin and I wanted to share some of the highlights of our stay with you. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen my stories where I shared just about everything we did! I loved hearing how many of you also enjoy Grand Geneva and that a few of you are now planning a trip too.
Grand Geneva has been a favorite place to visit during the holidays and this year just felt extra magical to be there. They do an incredible job decorating for the holidays, the employees are all so wonderful and there’s so much to do for everyone. It is a great place to visit with young kids, older kids and even for an adult getaway too.
PS. Even if you aren’t staying on the resort, you can still partake in many of the activities they offer (like skiing, horseback riding, igloo dining, trolley rides and more). Here’s a few snaps of some favorite moments from our trip + our itinerary below ~
Here’s a glimpse at our itinerary which worked really well for us + all the kids ( if we stayed again, I would recreate the exact same “schedule”!). Maybe add in a spa visit 🙂
- Holiday Cookie Decorating
- Letters to Santa Elf Mail Run
- Post swim snacks and hot cocoa at the Geneva Club
- Hotel scavenger hunt
- Dinner in an igloo. Highly recommend the spinach dip and chai tea.
- Trolley of Lights tour (don’t miss this!)
- Morning walk and work out at the Fitness Center
- Breakfast at the Geneva Club
- Gingerbread house decorating
- Horse back riding at Don Patch Stables (at the entrance of Grand Geneva). This was a 45 minute trail ride and the #1 favorite thing for the girls.
- Dinner and s’mores in an igloo (we loved this so much that we went back the next night too!)
- Movies in the room
- Morning swim/hot tub
- Breakfast by the fireplace at Geneva Club
- Lake walk and shopping downtown Lake Geneva
- Pack up!
- One last visit to the Geneva Club for snacks + coffee. (you’ll want access to this when booking your reservation. Especially if you have kids that love their snacks!)
Note, some things you have to sign up for in advance. You can contact the hotel directly to do this. Also, we stayed in the Premier Double Suite which worked out really well for our family of 6. There was plenty of room for us all and we even had a fireplace, 2 TV’s and mini kitchen. I have learned that when traveling with our kids it is really nice to have sliding doors that separate the “kids space” from our space 🙂
Thank you Grand Geneva Resort for a wonderful stay! We can’t wait to come back and visit again ~