A few years ago Eric and I decided to give the kids at least one “experience” gift each Christmas from us (separate from Santa’s gifts). These gifts have turned out to be our favorite of all! We have made incredible memories from them and the kids still talk about them, even years later.
Experience gifts seem to be more popular than ever this year so I know I’m not alone in this. Our go-to’s have usually involved a pool in some way – either at a hotel or water park. Our kids love swimming so this is a no brainer gift idea for our family.
I’m excited to share a total of 15 ideas for experience gift ideas for ages 0-13+. Almost all of these ideas are ones that our kids have loved in the past, or are currently on their wish lists.
If you follow my instagram, you have seen me post periodically about how much we LOVE Goldfish Swim School. I’m including them as #1 on my gift giving list for kids since that has been a favorite gift our kids have received in the past. I’ll include details on their holiday package below too – which is a great deal that they only offer once a year.
Here’s 15 ideas for experience to give as gifts this year ~
15 Experience Gift Ideas for Kids:
1. Swim Lessons (ages 4mo-12 yrs old)
2. Hotel night stay (even better if there is a pool)
3. Bowling Passes
4. Sports event tickets
6. Tickets to a show at a local play
7. Movie Theater gift certificate
8. Disney STEAM: The Magic Kingdom online course (ages 8-13)
9. Guitar Lessons either in person or online
10. Season passes to a local museum
11. Membership to the zoo
12. Gift certificate to local park district
13. Creative Photography class (ages 7-12)
14. Ice skating or skiing passes
15. Gardening Box Subscription (this would be cute to do with grandparents)
Another idea, if your family likes to swim too, is a family swim pass. My brother and sister-in-law visited from London last month, and we all had so much fun at the Goldfish family swim. The kids loved it and talk about going back all the time. We had the entire heated pool to ourselves for most of the time too. Goldfish has been one of my favorite blog partners so I’m excited to share a giveaway for those local to the Chicago area!
Most of the Goldfish Swim schools are offering holiday packages, so check in with yours if this is something you are interested in!). Here are the details that our local one in Glen Ellyn, IL, is currently offering:
For $199, you’ll get:
- Six weeks of lessons plus registration fee
- Four family swim passes for the whole family
- A special Goldfish welcome bag with a tee shirt, Bubbles plush toy, goggles, and two of our favorite Goldfish board books. Valued at $300!
- Valid at all 15 Chicagoland-area Goldfish Swim Schools for NEW members only!
If you have more experience gift ideas that you have loved in the past, please send them my way and I will add them to this list.
These are also great ideas if you are last minute shopper! Here are more experience gift ideas for adults too~
Thank you for reading! Happy Holidays!