This past month I was lucky enough to take a girls trip to Texas and visited Magnolia! The whole visit exceeded my expectations and I now understand why people travel so far to the town of Waco. It’s quite an experience!
The entire Magnolia Market is filled with so much design and decorating inspiration. Including, these concrete tiles in the grass in the front. Who wouldn’t love perfect landscaping like this?
Out of everything we saw though, my favorite part were the beautiful flower installations. The staff even created these flowers themselves from coffee filters! It definitely feels like Spring from the moment you walk in. There are tulips and other pretty blooms all over.
“I must have flowers always and always” – Claude Monet
The store was much bigger than I expected. There’s an entire old barn that was filled with items, including a little spot called Chip’s Corner (see tips below!).
Another thing that impressed me was that the staff was incredibly helpful. Even though the store was busy, there was always someone available asking if they could help.
A few things on my wish list are the signs and clocks, which thankfully I can order online so I didn’t feel like I needed to buy everything on the spot. I was surprised at how reasonable all the prices were too!
Here a few peeks at some of the great goods the market has to offer. But keep scrolling for the outdoor fun and tips for visiting!
This clock was only $110!
Metal signs by Jimmy Don (see more on those here!).
Wallpaper for sale too with the cutest prints!
I loved how they had little samples of each so you could easily see each one. Right next to the rugs is the shipping center so don’t be afraid to buy something that won’t fit in your suitcase!
Tips for Your Visit:
Here are a few helpful tips to keep in mind for your visit:
- Go early! We visited on a Wednesday morning and we should have gotten in line for the bakery right away because that line get SO long! We ended up waiting 40 minutes but I can assure you it was worth every minute!!
- Check out lines move fast! We were shocked at how quickly the check out line moved. Don’t be intimated if it looks long. We also went back Saturday afternoon (the busiest time) and this line moved like a roller coaster.
- Come hungry! Plan to eat at the food trucks and grab a spot at a picnic table or the lawn. We ate at the Cheddar Box and can vouch for how delicious it is.
- For the Men: Stop by Chips Corner which includes nifty gadgets and things
- Snap Photos! I am not usually an impulse buyer so I love taking pictures of items I like. Almost everything in the store can be purchased online too so don’t feel pressured to buy everything. Because you will want to. Everything in the store looks so good!
- The shop is Closed on Sundays. FYI!
- Parking. The parking lot cost $10 but if you drive around the block, you should be able to find a spot for free.
- Be on the lookout! You never know who you will meet! On our visit, we saw a couple people that had their houses done on the show. Which brings me to my next tip on what we discovered….
- Explore Waco! I’ve included 3 must-stops that I wrote about here.
You can also borrow these totes while you shop! Now, if only everything I wanted could fit….
Jo’s favorite tote bag! You may remember we included this on our holiday gift guide – still a favorite!
I was delighted to see that there was a little garden store too called Magnolia Seed and Supply. I bought the cutest shirt that says “Garden Mama” even though I have never really gardened in my life! Unless you count planter boxes on a patio 🙂
Hoping to change this and live up to the shirt!
The food trucks and outdoor space make you want to stay here all day. And I’m pretty sure some people do! You can play games on the lawn, eat a variety of food, grab a coffee at the bakery and the most amazing desserts too.
This was another highlight… the lemon lavender cupcake and the Silo chocolate chip cookie were to die for. I would fly back to Texas for this reason alone!
My friends, Jamie and Becky, are the best gals to travel with. And way better photographers than I am! Thanks for the help ladies 🙂
We had the loveliest time visiting and I can’t wait to go back! From what I hear, inventory changes often so another visit is a must.
Who wants to join me?