Since Lake Geneva is such a quick drive from Chicago, we have been frequenting this town whenever possible. In fact, I wrote about one of my favorite home decor shops there too! There are plenty of hotels, resorts and bed and breakfasts to stay at but we have found one that is perfect for us right now.
The Abbey Resort offers fun activities, and easy access to amenities for the kids (and for us grown ups too!). I was thrilled to take advantage of their spa while we were there too. We don’t do this enough when traveling with kids but oh boy, we should!!
With a one year old and a three year old, our trips mostly revolve around them. I love it but it is definitely more exhausting than relaxing.
My daily workout 😉
Since posting about our trip on instagram, I was delighted to receive a few messages asking me for tips about what to do/where to eat, etc. (Thanks for asking!!) Here are a few notes I passed along:
- Ice cream social boat ride – You also hear a guided tour of Lake Geneva and get to see the prettiest houses on the lake!
- Dinner at Oak Fire after the boat ride – This restaurant across the street from the water and gets very busy! We went for an early dinner and it was delicious.
- More on food….. we ate at the Waterfront which has a nice ambience right on the water. Also, I had the Avani omelet at 240 West (on the resort) for breakfast 3 times and would probably eat it every day 😉
- Also in town, visit the shops! There are so many good ones, including Brick & Mortar Home, Delaney Street Mercantile (full of fun and quirky things) and more
- Facial at the Avani Spa was another highlight!
- Beach and Pool at the Abbey. They have kids pools and separate adult pools (which makes it so nice if you want a family vacation or romantic getaway!!)
Smores, movie nights, paddle boarding nearby, crafts for the kids, and more are just some of the things The Abbey offers. I LOVE this kind of stuff and we definitely took advantage of as many as possible.
Two things to note here: 1) Taylor’s cute little boat she made during one of the craft activities and 2) this adorable basket from the Abbey! Filled with my favorite Wisconsin cheeses 🙂
Did I mention we stayed right on the water?
I could not get enough of these begonias all over the grounds at the Abbey! Aren’t they just so beautiful? I just may have to do this next year around our trees!
Until next time Abbey! We miss you already 🙂
Thank you to the Abbey Resort for gifting our spa visit on our stay. All opinions are my own as always!